Once in a while we get behind on egg eating. It’s a wonderful problem to have. This was our solution last night, I can’t wait to eat all the leftovers!
- 8 slices bacon, browned and chopped
- 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 12 eggs
- 8 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 oz feta
- 4 oz can green chili sauce
- 1 lb chopped greens such as spinach, chopped
- 8 oz broccoli chopped
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1/2 C butter
- 2 pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Prepare two pie pans with prepared crusts.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, chili powder, and cumin in bowl.
- In seperate bowl, beat the eggs until smooth. Whisk in the flour mixture until smooth. Add the cheddar and feta, green chili sauce, and chopped greens until mixed thoroughly.
- In skillet, saute broccoli in bacon grease, After one minute add garlic powder and stick of butter. When broccoli brightens, add mixture to eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pie crusts.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees then reduce heat to 350 degrees. Continue baking until lightly browned about 35 to 40 minutes.